Week 26


I must confess something.  Last Saturday JD and I took Sofie to her first movie:  Brave.  And I cried. (a lot). Not because this was Sofie's first movie or anything sentimental like that, nope.  But because the cartoon movie I was watching made me sad.  That's right, JD looked over at me towards the end of the movie and saw my eyes were just bit wet looking.  And so he asked if I was crying, and it was that moment the tears started rolling.  But, hey, I have an excuse.  I'm pregnant.

Something else occurred to me this week.  I keep searching the internet for ideas on different things I can wear to accommodate my growing bump.  So, I thought I would mention what works for me when I find an outfit I really like.  One of my 'go to' outfits for now is a skirt I purchased at Old Navy (I actually have 2, one in black and one in gray, if they had more colors I would have more than just the 2!) paired with a fitted long tank and a cardigan (cardigan is for work).  All 3 pieces are all 'normal' (as in not maternity) clothes and in my usual size of small.  The skirts are SUPER comfortable and I'm hoping they last me into the fall and winter.  The long tanks are from Old Navy as well and are stretchy and the cardigan is from Target (again, I have more than one in different colors).  I have found that rather than trying to hide my bump under a flowy top, I like something fitted that shows it off (that way I don't just look fat).  I'm not exactly a big fan of spending boocoos (I have no idea if this is the proper spelling of boocoos or not so she gets a pass on this one) of money on stuff that I can only wear for a few months.  So if I can find something that is normal and I can wear way past my prego days, then I'm all for it!

JD and I went shopping earlier this week to buy a few items for while we were at his folks house.  I have to admit, I'm a bit worried about him.  He's still the one with the sweet cravings.  I picked out some strawberry yogurt (dont let her fool you.  She got yogurt AND Oreos) for myself and JD picked out the big fat cookie sandwich dipped in chocolate.  Oh, and the Oreos?  He said they were for Sofie....sure JD....sure..... (and you welcome, by the way, for being so sympathetic that I have taken over all your sweet cravings while your prego).

Not what you're thinking!
Speaking of the devil (JD that is) (not very nice), he found an interesting post on Pinterest and since I've been a bit under the weather (allergies, coughing, hacking, etc) since Saturday, he thought he'd try his creative side and make what was in the Pinterest post (and this is why I get called the devil??  For trying to help my pregnant wife. That doesn't seem fair).  This post was a home made remedy for sore throat, coughing, hacking (interesting that it was for exactly what was wrong with me...).  And since I'm prego and can't take a lot of the regular meds, he convinced me to try this concoction.  Not too many ingredients but the ones it calls for are definitely potent. Below are the ingredients courtesy of Maggie (http://nancyvienneau.com/blog/articles/home-remedy/)  :

1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 t. ginger
1 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. water
1 T. honey

So, one small teaspoon later, it was down the hatch for me.  Yummy! NOT!! (OMG. that was one of the funniest faces I have ever seen!) That was the most foul smelling, nasty tasting, disgusting looking thing I have quiet possibly ever put in my mouth.  And I'm a country girl that has had an assortment of odd things to eat or drink.  It was so bad that I could only
get JD to stick his tongue in it for a mili second.  But, it didn't make me throw up (yet) and as far as it fixing anything else, I guess we'll see (She def sounds much better. You're welcome!)


You want me to eat this???
You go first!


1 comments:

  1. Hahaha I totally did that apple cider vinegar/honey thing too! And all I wanted was a damn Tylenol cold and sinus pill. It's easier if you skip the pepper and use a bit of hot water. Makes it taste like tart cider.

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Life in the Big House Blog Design by Ipietoon