On the Move!

I know I probably say this every time, but holy cow, how time flies.   CJ is now 7 months old.  It amazes me every time I think about it.  It seems as if she has been a part of our lives forever, but then again it’s gone by so fast.    Speaking of fast, it appears we have a mover on our hands.  While she’s not crawling yet, CJ is very mobile.  She does the best impersonation of a low army crawl that I’ve ever seen.  And now with this newly acquired skill, CJ is hard to keep tabs on.  I really dread it when she's completely mobile.  Just the other day I left her in her play room and went and let the dogs out, 2 seconds later (ok, so maybe more like a minute) I came back and she was at least 10 feet from where I left her!  Sneaky little girl....

I can sit all by myself now!
Monkey Shot!
Sofie had her 4th birthday this month.  It's crazy because I remember when she was just learning to crawl and starting to get into EVERYTHING.  Sofie had her party at the gym where she takes gymnastics and then we went out to Olive Garden (her choice, it was between that and Chipotle) for her birthday dinner.  This year she asked for a scooter (and yes, she got one).

Sofie loves to jump!
balancing very carefully...
Daddy & Sofie
I've been working on a few projects, but sadly, none are in the finished state just yet.  I am still working on upholstering 2 different chairs, finding a wardrobe for CJ's room, painting a cabinet for Sofie's paint supplies, and of course, I am in desperate need of baby-proofing the casa.

We are still using cloth diapers about 75% of the time.  We were having a problem with recurring diaper rash with CJ.  So what do I do?  I googled it.  And of course they can't put stuff on the internet if it isn't true.  So, it appears that ammonia from the diapers was causing CJ's rash.  I use BumGenius Freetime diapers and according the manufacturer, I needed to strip (YAY!).  Strip the diapers that is (boo!).  I thought it was going to be some difficult process, but turns out it was fairly simple, just add some blue Dawn to the wash cycle, wash 3 times and voila! Ammonia free diapers.  Or so they say.  I'm still waiting on the diapers to dry so we can try this out and see if it works.  Fingers crossed.


Once CJ turned 6 months old, we started feeding her solid foods.  We decided to forgo the more traditional method of baby purees and mashed whatevers.  Honestly, it all looked kind of gross to me....and expensive....So far CJ has tried a variety of foods and pretty much likes everything.  She is a big...wait, no a HUGE fan of bananas, cucumbers, and steak.  That's right, we have a meatatarian (JD's word, not mine)(meatatarian is a great word) on our hands.  We don't mash it up or puree it for her, we just cut it into long finger like slices and let her do all the self feeding she wants.  Of course, not all of it ends up in her mouth, some in her hair, ears, and a ton the floor.  Not that the dogs mind one bit.

CJ loves her cucumbers!

That pretty much sums up the last month or so.  Maybe I won't wait another month before posting again...maybe..


Sofie loves her lil' sis
yeah, you try getting a pic when we are all looking...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Life in the Big House Blog Design by Ipietoon