Week 20 - Halfway Point!

This weeks blog comes from Alexandria, VA. I'm here for training for my job....yes, I really am going to training, no mini vacation or good off time. But that's not to say I haven't snuck in some relaxation and fun. It definitely gives me a break from the basement. Another bonus to my "work" trip is that one of my really good friends is also here for the same training, and the bonus part of that is that she is 7 months pregnant with her first child! We have had plenty of time to talk all about the pregnancy firsts and the "I thought that only happened to me" stuff (which apparently is normal).
Sorry about the oversized photo. This post was brought to you by the IPad and I couldn't figure out how to make it work. This photo was also made possible by my husband who flew in late last night to surprise me! love him!! Today CJ is 20 weeks old. Today also marks the halfway point in my pregnancy. TODAY also means I have 140 days left to go. CJ is now about 10 1/2 oz and about 10 inches long. That would explain the sudden need to visit the ladies room every time I stand up. And I swear CJ has been using my bladder as a trampoline. Already being a little trouble maker like his/her dad. This week I also got to see CJ's movement. Kinda reminded me of that scene from Alien right before the alien broke through that chick's skin. That's a fun thought. Stay inside CJ, stay inside. Next week is a big week for us. On Tuesday we get to find out what CJ is. Boy or girl?? This past weekend I finally was able to go visit my parents up in the North Georgia Mountains. I met them and my aunt and uncle at a resort like campground. The weather was so much nicer than down in Atlanta, it's amazing how much a little altitude can change things. We spent the time exploring the area and playing games. Pinochle to be exact, and yes my team won. Ah, how I love the mountains. Last weekend JD and I went on a little house hunting trip as well (as busy as we are, we are going to make this next 20 weeks fly by!). We looked at about 6 houses. I saw one I liked and JD saw one he liked. Unfortunately, they were not the same house. And while we couldn't decide on a house we did decide that we definatly wanted to stay in our old neighborhood. We are still in love with our questionable house. It is, by far the perfect house for us, Sofie, and future CJ. But for now (as of right now) back to the hotel room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Life in the Big House Blog Design by Ipietoon