Week 31: 4 Naval Oranges, 3 am, 2 More Months, and a Pumpkin Pie in the Oven

(the above title to be sung to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas)

Yes, I know it's not Christmas time just yet, but to my defense the stores already have their trees, lights, ornaments, and those huge blow up santas out (Not a spell check yet, but I found a 13 foot high inflatable Rudolph and I'm getting it!!!).  No, I'm not condoning it, I actually think it's pretty crazy (so this is what you replaced ridiculous with bc you couldn't spell it??) that we can't even enjoy Halloween or Thanksgiving before they start with the Christmas decor.  Ok, enough of that.

4 Naval Oranges - This is apparently how much CJ weighs this week.  I don't think I've ever held 4 naval oranges at one particular time, but that is supposed to equal about 3.3 lbs.  Not only is she gaining about half a pound a week, she should be measuring just over 16" long.  At the moment, I can definitely tell she's growing.  Now not only do I feel her in just one spot at one time, but I can feel her all over all the time.  And her favorite spot is the right side of my stomach, which makes my stomach look super lopsided!  Other than that, I had another prenatal appointment this past Tuesday and according to my doc everything is good to go and she has 'no complaints'.

3 am - Last night I believe gave JD and I a little taste of whats to come with having a newborn around.  Ok, maybe not, but I needed a 3 in my title.  So, anyways, thanks to a persistent car alarm and an unwilling car owner to check on their car, we got to sleep a bit and then we got to hear  the blaring alarm.  This didn't just happen once or twice, not even close.  We were asleep, we were awake, we were asleep, we were awake, ok, I'm guessing you get the point.  3 am until I'm not sure when, all I know is I was still awake when my alarm went off at 6:45 this morning.

2 More Months - EEK!! Only 2 more months from this weekend until D DAY!  We are still homeless, still dreaming of a house and a nursery and yard for the puppies, and all of our belongings that are in storage.  We joke that it is going to be like Christmas when we get all of our stuff out of the 2 huge storage units that are holding it.  We just hope it's really not Christmas when we get to get it all.

Pumpkin Pie in the Oven - ok, so not the most exciting thing, but the temps have been getting much cooler and with the cooler temps, I was craving a pumpkin pie (Interesting, from all your previous posts, I thought JD was the one with the sweet tooth.).  But since we are living the life as poor college students we don't have the kitchen utensils necessary to make a successful pie (This sentence is missing about 4 commas).  However, Marie Calender makes a wonderful pie, and I had to borrow her recipe from Krogers.  JD is just a fan as myself (I don't even know where to begin to correct that), but I think he likes the cool whip part the best, as he usually has little pumpkin pie with his cool whip. 

Well, that pretty much sums up our week.  We are hoping for a little (HUGE) surprise for next week's post.  But, we don't want to ruin it if it doesn't work out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Life in the Big House Blog Design by Ipietoon